Ya know...sometimes your eyes are opened and you realize you take some things for granted. I woke up this morning with this fresh, happy feeling inside. Something in my mind kind of clicked and did (what I thought) brought me back to reality. I wasn't suppose to be in a good mood, I've been feeling sad and depressed all week....what was with this happy, greet the day with a smile mood.
I stopped right then and there and thought "wait...what?" Today is a new day, I'm not going to think about how I've been feeling all week. I'm not going to let those damn feelings ruin the way I felt when I first opened my eyes. I'm taking the happiness and screw you sad and depressed. It was a weird moment (but a good kind of weird). I have control over my emotions, today I'm not letting them control me.
I came down for my coffee and there sat a beautiful valentine bag with a box of my very favorite chocolate covered cherries and a beautiful card from Stephen. We don't need a special day, we tell each other how much we love one another everyday. To me, finding this surprise, just lead to maintaining this happy mood.
I made my coffee, went out for my morning smoke like I always do. I headed in and down here to my computer, like I always do. Ruby and Finnegan were waiting at the gate at the bottom of the steps, like they do every morning, tails wagging and happy to see me. It was then it hit me. How many mornings go by when I don't realize how lucky I am to be greeted each and every morning with two of my mutleys happily waiting to see me. See me!! Most days I give them a pet, talk in a soft (sometimes irritated) good morning, here's your little scratch because it's what you expect of me.
They don't really expect anything, they're just happy to see me. Wow, how many years have I taken for granted the love and happiness they exude every single morning? How can your day start out crappy when you're shown that much love each and every morning? I spoke in my normal voice (instead of an irritated fake happy voice) and really got into telling them each good morning. Feeling the love waft over them and myself. Wow, what an eye and mind opener.
I went around and said good morning to Peanut (who was laying in her usual place under the blanket). She made her way out and, tail wagging, rolled over on her belly for morning scratches. This added to my happy mood. Hank was next when I let him out of his kennel. Although this morning he wasn't much in a mood for scratches and love. It's okay...he'll come around.
I have big band music playing in the background. There are days where big band is medicine for my soul...this is one of those mornings. It relaxes me and adds to the happiness.
Today is a happy day....thanks, in part, to a bunch of wagging tails.
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Posted by Pennie at 6:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment