BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I decided yesterday I'm going to start volunteering at the animal shelter three times a week instead of two.  I honestly can't believe the positive change the volunteering has added to my life and well being.  I'm following my passion and by doing so it adds a positiveness to my life and keeps my head in check.  It gives me more energy and gets me out of the house.

My schedule now is Wednesday evenings and Friday mornings.  I realized I was already itching to get back on Monday.  Friday until the next Wednesday just seems like such a long break.  Yesterday morning I spoke with my therapist about changing my schedule with her back to once a week.  I picked my Thursday appointment with her and explained why.  She agreed it was an awesome idea.  After my appointment I headed to the shelter to see what was going on and hang out for a bit.

Today I'm bored out of my wits.  It's like I have nothing to do even though I want to do something.  I don't know where to start or what to do.  I don't feel this way the next day after a volunteer day.  I normally wake up cheerful and with some plan for the day.  I really can't explain why this is...I just know it is.

Getting out of the house, taking care of animals who need love and understanding in their lives.  Hanging out with other animal lovers....it's all a positive experience.  I'm getting out there and doing something for my community and for the animals who need me.  I'm happy as a clam washing dog bowls, doing laundry or cleaning out litter boxes.  Talking to other animal lovers and working with the trainer Jamie has really taught me more about animal behavior.  I love it.

I believe another issue is it keeps my head in the present and I don't have racing thoughts while I'm there.  That feeling lasts a day or two and then thoughts start up again.  So, it's why I want to add the extra day.  I don't like days like today where I'm feeling bored and tired.  When I can't figure out what to do with myself.  Nothing sounds interesting enough to even start

In about an hour I'll be in the dentist chair getting a root canal.  I guess that'll keep my mind busy for awhile. :)

0 comments: