I must post. I had an extremely awesome day today. I accomplished a goal...but not the entire goal and I actually feel good about it. I had decided today I was going to dust the entire house (all three floors). When I dust, I dust. The Pledge comes out and everything gets wiped down. I started in the basement and realized there were other things which needed cleaning.
I also decided to break down Finnegan's kennel because he no longer stays in it. Talk about frustrating. I worked and worked on it but couldn't figure out how to get it to fold properly. I thought I'd wait until Stephen got home and get him to do it. The part of my brain that's decided I need to stop relying on him so much kicked in. I went outside to have a cigarette and think it over. It came to me, I had removed two bars to get two pieces apart, there had to be other bars. I got downstairs and damned if I wasn't right. I felt proud I'd done it on my own.
I also realized there was no way I was going to get the entire house dusted, but it was okay. Normally I'd start beating myself up for not getting my goals for the day done. I realized I'd set my goal a little too high and it was okay. I was accomplishing something which has been needing to be done for a while now. I accomplished something today, which felt much better than beating myself up for doing nothing. I think for today I got the hang of it. I can't promise tomorrow, but for today I got something productive done.
I'm very tired right now, having problems keeping my eyes open. I still have the dogs to feed and am making salmon for dinner. I may be calling it an early night tonight. I have to get up early tomorrow to have a root canal done. Not sure I'll be doing anything around the house...but it's okay. I plan to take it easy and do some reading. Pema Chodrin has been calling to me.
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Posted by Pennie at 2:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment