Had you asked to take any kind of picture of me a month ago I would have said no. I hated have my picture taken, and when I did I always disliked the way I looked, or the slightly panicked expression I had while trying to smile just the right way.
I then read a life changing article from a photographer who hated having her picture taken. So she was always got to hide behind her camera. I do the same thing. I'm always the one taking pictures, but not being in them.
While looking back on photos from various family and friend outings she realized something. She was missing her part in the memories she was making with the camera. She decided she wanted to be included in those memories, no matter how she looked.
It really struck a cord in me. I'm missing out on pictures with my husband, my daughter and my granddaughter. Hell, even funny pictures with the dogs! I decided never again am I going to miss out.
I was hanging out with my daughter and her best friend. I got my camera out and my daughter freaked "Mom, you can't take my picture with no make up on!". I told her and Sam the story and mixed things up a bit. Sam had the camera first taking pictures of my daughter and I sitting on the couch. I told her to forget the camera was there. Then I got all goofy with her and had her cracking up. One of the many good results:
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Sure...take my picture
I then handed the camera over to my daughter and Sam and I did the same thing. Being behind the camera taking these kinds of spontaneous photos is fun! So, it makes it easier to want to be photographed in all the silliness. Well, at least for us it did.
If I can find the article, believe me, I'll post a link or the article itself. I have a feeling I'm going to go back and read it now and then.
Posted by Pennie at 2:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment