BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm a Facebook addict....

My life reduced to a few sentences, some quotes or cute pictures to pass along.  A few weeks ago it hit me how much I missed writing and wanted (maybe needed) to get back into doing what I honestly enjoy doing.  It was tough, all I could think of were a few sentences, and "oh my" how was I going to get started again after such a long break?

So much has changed in my life, where would I even begin?  How in the world do I catch up?  It's taken me almost two weeks to finally decide to sit down and write.  I can start from here, from today.  I don't have to detail every part of my life since my last post (at least not in one full swoop).

Mentally I'm feeling like a new and healthy person.  I've found a wonderful psychiatrist who has gotten me on the right combination of medications.  I've also been working on myself to learn what my triggers are and (for right now) avoid them.  Watching the news is a thing of the past.  Keeping up with politics is a thing of the past.  I realized both made me grumpy and angry.

There are those who ask how I can keep up with what's going on the world if I don't do either of these activities. At this point in my life I don't feel the need to "keep up", to be in the know of all the negativity which seems to permeate through both.  I've learned I'm emotionally sensitive to what I see and hear and I can explode or spiral downward after watching something negative.  I tend to have knee jerk reactions....post them to Facebook and then after a bit of clarity I delete the post.  I'm working on knee jerk reactions like I'm working on other areas of my life.  I'm learning to heed my mantra of "baby steps".

Writing this entry is yet another "baby step".  I guess containing my life in a few short sentences has grown tiring.  Waiting for the "likes" to appear has become tiring and lets me realize I'm looking for acceptance from others instead of accepting me.

Baby steps....

0 comments: