BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A great weekend...

What a difference a week makes.  This weekend has gone oh so much better than last.  Yesterday I made a trip to see my friend Laura and her husband Jason.  I knew one of their very favorite things in the world are cupcakes...so I stopped at a little coffee shop and got some yummy ones for them.

I got to meet the new addition to their family, Roxy (pictured left..picture stolen from Laura's face book page!!).  You can also see little PeeWee in the background.  I couldn't show up without goodies for them, so they got treats and "Texas Toothpicks" (chew bones made from cow tails).  They loved them.  I think Roxy is a great fit for their little family and will do awesome with them.

We all had such a great time sitting outside under the umbrella enjoying each others company and eating yummy sandwich's....with cupcakes for dessert.  Sitting around talking with friends, being out of the house is all good therapy for me.  Plus the fact Laura had found these beautiful black petunias and bought a basket for me!!  I also "finally" bought one of the t-shirts she designs and sells.  I'll be adding more to collection I'm sure.

  Walking around Laura's flower garden was relaxing, and made us both realize our black eyed Susan's just aren't doing a thing this year.  We're not quite sure why...it's like their growth has been stunted for some reason.  A mystery for both of us to ponder...especially when we live an hour from one another and she's gotten more rain than us.  I also learned I'm not the only "perfectionist" when it comes to gardening.  I want things to look a certain way...when they don't I'm disappointed (like I am with our front garden this year).

Today has been pajama day for me....but this time I've enjoyed my pajama day.  I've spent a little time online, watched some HGTV and then the race.  I took a few little naps in between, but not like last weekend.  I stayed down here with my mutts and shared the couch with two of them.  The race was good, but the one guy I don't like won.  Oh well...can't all be great now, can it?!  I'm now downloading songs from "Missy Higgins" onto my Zune.

I plan on grilling out steaks for dinner (in my pajamas) and then Stephen and I are gonna have a game night.  We haven't decided what game to play yet...so I guess that will be decided when it's time to play.  Whew...it's great to feel like I'm getting back to "normal".  I attribute some of it to the medications, and some to what I'm learning in my day program.  It's all good for right now....

0 comments: